What are the best car speakers for my vehicle? Not an easy question. The right set of speakers for your car will make a dramatic difference in the sound and entertainment experience. It is easier to answer “what speakers fit my car” than it used to be because there are only a few speaker sizes to deal with: 6×8, 6×9, and 5×7.
Selecting the right car speakers can be a bit overwhelming. There are a lot of different brands and styles to choose from, and most people aren’t sure what they need. Several speakers can plug directly into these leads if you have a car with factory-installed speaker locations or an aftermarket infotainment system with a set of pre-wired leads in the rear deck.
Speakers, like shoes, aren’t one-size-fits-all. Make sure your speakers will fit in your vehicle before making the purchase. Measure the speaker’s height, weight and width to make sure it will fit into your space. On this page, you will learn about what are the main types of car speakers? And other related information.
Types Of Car Speakers
Car speakers can be a hot topic for many. Speakers are an important part of the system as they power your music and create your sound, giving you crisp bass and clear highs, as well as recreate that “live” music experience at home or in your car. They are built small for easy installation, with most fitting into the door panels of your vehicle.
Mounting a set of car speakers in your ride is easy. There are many types of car speakers to choose from, including component systems and coaxial systems. Sound travels as an electromagnetic wave. A stereo system usually comprises a power amplifier and several loudspeakers to create sound output.
Infinity Kappa 60CSX 6.5" 2-Way Component Speaker System
$249.99 in stock
- Infinity’s glass fiber woofer cones are lighter and stiffer with more cone-area than the competition , delivering increased low-frequency output and higher efficiency.
- Edge-driven textile dome tweeters - These are not commonly used W-domes, but edge-driven textile dome speakers that will deliver broader and smoother high frequency response.
- High output 2.5 ohm ohm architecture with low impedance voice coils enables the speaker to extract every watt from the amplifier and deliver peak power with ease.
- Infinity speakers have to undergo a testing process that would destroy lesser speakers. Infinity freezes them, bakes them, shakes them, blasts them with ultraviolet light and drives them at full power for days at a time.
- Infinity is in the business of designing reference quality speakers, and Kappa car audio speakers are no exception.
Component systems are composed of individual components designed to make sound, like the woofer cone. These speakers are usually housed in separate enclosures, with the different elements positioned to act independently of one another. The point where each speaker makes contact with a section or motor structure will affect its sound quality.
NVX 6 1/2 inch Professional Grade True 100 watt RMS 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers [V-Series] with Silk Dome Tweeters, Set of 2 [VSP65]
- 6 1/2" coaxial car speakers with 25mm silk dome tweeter delivers warm treble with remarkable clarity and definition
- Polypropylene cone material is strong, yet lightweight for accurate mid and low tone
- RMS power 100 watts per pair | Peak power 200 watts per pair
- Stamped Steel Basket provides a sturdy foundation for increased durability and long-lasting speaker
- High Temperature TSV Voice Coil provides superior current distribution with effective heat dissipation
Coaxial speakers are great for anyone who wants quality audio quality but doesn’t want to spend much money. Coaxial speakers produce sound using 2 different sources. One is called the tweeter, which uses a smaller structure to create higher frequencies.
The other is called the woofer, which uses a larger network to generate lower frequencies. The high frequency produced by the tweeter is combined with the low-frequency sound created by the woofer, combining them both into one sound that appeals to our ears.
PreSonus Eris Sub 8 Compact Studio Subwoofer
3 used from $153.25
- 8-inch, front-firing, paper-composite transducer with high-elasticity rubber surround delivers smooth low-frequency transients.
- 100W Class AB amplifier (50W RMS) gives robust output with minimal distortion.
- Now comes included with Studio One Prime and Studio Magic plug-in suite, over $1000 USD worth of music production software.
- Input gain control gives -30 dB to +6 dB of continuously variable output.
- Continuously variable lowpass filter keeps resonances in the 50 Hz to 130 Hz range.
Subwoofers are the speakers that deliver the low-end frequencies of music, commonly referred to as ‘bass’. Some subwoofers are designed to be incorporated into multi-piece speaker systems, while others are standalone units. Subwoofers are made to be installed in trunks or backseats of vehicles but can be put almost anywhere.
Timpano TPT-ST2 Black 3.75 Inch Super Tweeter, 4 Ohm, 500 Watts Peak, 105 dB Bullet, 1 in Voice Coil, Slim Profile Tweeters for Pro Car Audio (Pair)
1 used from $22.95
- CRYSTAL CLEAR HIGHS: These pair of tweeters for car audio are capable of generating extremely loud volume you need to keep up in the high SPL environment
- DESIGNED FOR EFFICIENCY: The aluminum diaphragm has been engineered to take the power needed to keep up and maintain crystal clarity for your highs and mids
- BUILT IN CROSSOVER: A capacitor that eliminates out all low end frequencies that might otherwise harm the super tweeters for car audio
- SHALLOW PROFILE: You will receive a box with 2 tweeters speakers, a high performance pair with a compact design only 1.38 inches of mounting depth easy to mount on your car door speakers or anywhere!
- QUALITY YOU CAN TRUST: Engineered and designed in the USA, the ST2 are high compression bullet tweeters that are rated at 250 watts max peak power each. Ready to delivery major concert sound to your sound system.
Super-Tweeters are designed with a very thin voice coil to push out high frequencies. Even though they are very small, they can be pushed harder than other speakers without distorting because of their smaller moving mass.
Super-Tweeter’s are typically applied in high-quality roof-mounted speakers for cars that require clear vocals and high frequencies.
(2) DS18 PRO-X6.4BM 600W 6.5" Midrange Full Range Speakers Loudspeaker Bullet 4 Ohm
- MIDRANGE THAT HANDLES IT ALL - A mid-range driver that can answer the call to handle the most significant part of the audible sound spectrum. A speaker that sounds great with just instrumentals and, even better with vocals.
- POWER YOU CAN COUNT ON - The PRO-X6.4BM delivers an impressive 500W Max Power with 250W RMS at 4 Ohms, enough to tackle a full range of audio.
- HIGH-QUALITY VOICE COIL - 1.5” high-temperature CCAW voice coil can handle extreme heat and maintain its structural integrity meaning long life out of your speakers.
- TAKE YOUR SYSTEM TO THE NEXT LEVEL - Get the most out of your system by upgrading to a speaker that gives you everything you're missing from your stock stereo. Discover what a true midrange speaker can do for you.
- 6.5" LOUDSPEAKER WITH BULLET - Specifically designed Bullet dust cover to protect the voice coil and provide the optimal sound each and every time.
Midrange speakers deliver a crystal clear range of audio that’s perfect for any system. Whether you’re enjoying music through your car audio system or adding quality sound to your home theatre, having a set of top-quality midrange speakers is a great choice.
With the addition of these drivers, you’ll hear an incredible amount of detail and clarity in your audio, so much so that it will feel as though you’ve stepped into the middle of the action!
Midrange speakers are sometimes called “woofers” because they generally reproduce low frequencies. They are the primary drivers in stereo speakers, but they also function well as standalone speakers.
What Are 3 Things To Measure About Your Car Speakers?
Any car’s audio system plays a very important role in upgrading the music experience, and car speakers are an essential part of it. Many people think all speakers are universal or self-explanatory; unfortunately, they can’t be used to upgrade the quality of sound coming out of your car.
Car Speakers are important to have. They are the only medium that makes you feel safe inside your car. With these 3 things, the measuring can be done for any car speaker.
Diameter is one of the most important aspects when looking at speakers. Speakers are measured by how big they are in diameter. If you’re looking for basic information on what features to look for in-car speakers, you’ll want to make sure that the size of the speaker matches the size of the space you’re putting them in.
Depth will affect the speaker’s bass response, which may be important if you love your thumping dance music. A speaker with shallow depth might offer a more natural, warmer sound, while a very deep cabinet would produce a more powerful bass line.
One of the main considerations when purchasing car speakers is length. They do vary in size, and if you’re planning to install them into a car where space is limited, such as the back of a hatchback or any other small car, then be sure to measure it first! Most speakers vary from 1 – 5 inches, so be sure to pay attention to this.
What Size Of Speakers Fit My Car?
There are many factors to consider when deciding what size or type of car speakers to buy. Whether you’re looking for an upgrade, replacing speakers damaged in a car accident, or simply buying speakers for a car you want to sound great, the size of the car speaker is an important consideration.
How To Know What Speakers Fit My Car?
What car do speakers fit your vehicle? When the time comes to replace your factory speakers, you’ll be tempted to head down to a big-box retailer and buy a cheap pair of aftermarket speakers. But you’ll get more for your money if you shop around a bit – and if you understand a few basics about auto audio first.
Which Hertz Audio Speaker Fits My Vehicle?
Hertz car speakers are a simple and affordable upgrade to your factory speakers. Whether you’re looking to replace factory equipment or add some bass to your car audio system, Hertz makes it easy to find exactly what factory speakers will fit your vehicle.
Car speakers are an important part of your car’s audio system. They have been specially designed so that they can be installed in several places. The best way to choose the best car speakers is by utilizing websites such as Consumer Reports, which publishes both objective and subjective car speaker reviews. We discuss some common types of car speakers, and you can choose from one of these types.